Welcome to the May Edition of CoInfo News.
CoInfo News keeps you up to date with the latest academic products, product updates, publisher promotions, conference activity, website tips and new features.
CoInfo New Title Alert Service
Sign up to our NTA service to receive alerts for new and forthcoming print and eBooks titles based on a customised profile created to suit your needs.
- Select from Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) or Library of Congress Classification (LCC) subjects
- Over 4,700 DDC subjects to select from
- Over 2,700 LCC subjects to select from
- View each title's DDC and LCC codes at the page (results) list level
- Receive information on titles in Print or eBook formats through EBL and/or ebrary
If you already receive our emails make sure you keep your profile up to date!
Updating your CoInfo New Title Alert will also save you time by removing subject areas and titles not relevant to your areas of interest. Click here to update your CoInfo New Title Alert.
To take advantage of these options, please update your CoInfo New Title Alert today!
Introducing MedicinesComplete from Pharmaceutical Press
MedicinesComplete is the globally trusted online resource for authoritative medical information. Objective and unbiased, it offers immediate access to up-to-date drug information from an extensive range of the world's most trusted resources, including the British National Formulary (BNF) and Martindale.
- User-friendly with a clear, simple interface and intuitive navigation
- Easy and flexible access across multiple devices including desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones
- Over 650,000 pages of clinically-proven and quickly searchable drug information
- Over 30,000 drug, poison, excipient, interaction and herbal monographs
- Instant access to information on drugs used around the world, enhancing patient safety internationally
- The combined knowledge of hundreds of leading experts, scientists and researchers
Some of the world renowned titles that are included in MedicinesComplete are:
- British National Formulary (BNF)
Up-to-date, practical guidance on prescribing, dispensing, and administering medicines
- BNF for Children
Practical information for the prescribing, dispensing, monitoring and administration of medicines to children
- Clarke's Analysis of Drugs and Poisons
The definitive source of analytical data for drugs and poisons
- Drug Administration via Enteral Feeding Tubes
Guide on formulation for administration to a patient with limited GI access
- Injectable Drugs Guide
Single point of reference for safe and effective administration of injectable medicines
- Martindale: The Complete Drug Reference
Reliable, unbiased and evaluated information on drugs and medicines used throughout the world
- Medicines Use Reviews
A comprehensive and practical guide on how to conduct successful MURs
- The Orange Guide
European and UK guidance on legislation relating to the manufacture and distribution of medicines for human use
- Pharmaceutical Excipients
Comprehensive guide to the uses, properties and safety of pharmaceutical excipients
- Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy
The definitive reference on all aspects of pharmaceutical science and practice
- Stockley's Drug Interactions
The world's most comprehensive and authoritative reference source on drug interactions
- Stockley's Herbal Medicines Interactions
Evidence-based information on conventional medicine interactions with herbal medicines, dietary supplements and nutraceuticals
For more information or to sign up for a free 30 day trial, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Biohistory: Decline and Fall of the West
Biohistory: Decline and Fall of the West by Dr Jim Penman PhD, is the fascinating new book whose revolutionary theory challenges current thinking in areas ranging from history and economics to zoology and cross-cultural anthropology. Supported by ground-breaking scientific research, these eagerly-awaited titles - for both the general public and academic community - disclose the extraordinary forces at play across human and animal history, and reveals why biological forces are contributing to the decline of the West.
Jim Penman's studies have been the result of over 20 years of research. Jim began the successful Jimís Mowing franchise whilst studying for his PhD in History and has since grown the business to become Australiaís largest franchise network with 3,400 franchisees in four countries. In 2007, Jim created The Biohistory Foundation, a scientific research program that aims to advance the fields of biohistory and epigenetics through ongoing scientific study and has conducted valuable work in these fields, with a vision by 2016 to establish an Australian headquarters for a permanent team of administrators. For more information on The Biohistory Foundation visit biohistory.org
To order your copy of Biohistory: Decline and Fall of the West, please contact email@example.com or visit our website.
Rowman & Littlefield Webinar
Emerging Technologies and Libraries Webinar
Join the authors of Emerging Technologies: A Primer for Librarians, Jennifer Koerber and Michael Sauers, as they look at a variety of technologies currently having an impact on libraries and library service - from pervasive mobile connectivity to crowdfunding to smart homes - and some of the privacy and security issues surrounding them. At the end, they'll present a checklist of ways to keep on top of current trends and to anticipate what's coming next.
For international viewers, the webinar is now available to view online.
Now Available from CoInfo - Edward Elgar Online
Elgaronline is the new content platform for Edward Elgar books, references and journals, including scholarly monographs, Research Handbooks, Companions and much more. Edward Elgar is an independent publisher specialising in 4 subject collections: Law, Business, Economics, Social and Political Science.
Designed as a unified content platform, Elgaronline allows users to access the breadth of Elgar content in one place. With over 2,800 titles, no Digital Rights Management (DRM), multi-user access as standard and online publication simultaneously with or before print versions, Elgaronline is an easy choice.
For more information or to sign up for a free 30 day trial please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Understanding Mental Disorders: Your Guide to DSM-5®
Based on the fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Understanding Mental Disorders provides valuable insight on what to expect from an illness and its treatment - and will help readers recognise symptoms, know when to seek help, and get the right care.
Featured disorders include depression, schizophrenia, ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, and bipolar disorder, among others.
In addition to specific symptoms for each disorder, readers will find:
- Risk factors and warning signs.
- Related disorders.
- Ways to cope.
- Tips to promote mental health.
- Key points about the disorders and treatment options.
- A special chapter dedicated to treatment essentials and ways to get help.
- Helpful resources that include a glossary, list of medications, and support groups.
- Includes a list of Australian and New Zealand support groups and organisations.
To purchase this vital resource, please contact email@example.com
Connecting Peace, Justice, and Reconciliation
Due for publication in June, Connecting Peace, Justice and Reconciliation adopts a provocative framework to explore the core challenges that war-torn states confront once the violence has ended.
Can postconflict states achieve both peace and justice as they deal with a traumatic past? What role does reconciliation play in healing wounds, building trust, and rectifying injustices?
Author Elisabeth Porter is professor of politics and international relations at the University of South Australia.
To order this title or for more information on titles available from Lynne Rienner Publications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Being Australia's only locally-based supplier, CoInfo prides itself on providing the largest variety of Australian academic titles available to our customers.
Components can include:
- Australian authors, content and contributors, even if located overseas, from an extensive range of publishers.
- Specialised plans, such as literary award winners, are a special feature of this service.
- Plans may be provided on an approval or blanket basis.
- Suzanne Wood, our in-house Australiana specialist, has over 10 years' experience working with academic libraries in selecting Australian titles.
- Processing takes place locally, where shelf-ready is required, ensuring quicker delivery to your library.
For more information on Australiana plans, please contact Cora Zeilinger
If you're attending one of the following conferences, make sure you drop by the CoInfo stand:
Friday 24th July 2015
UQ University, St Lucia Campus
Wednesday 5th to Friday 7th August 2015
Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
Monday 9th to Wednesday 11th November 2015
Shed 6, Wellington, New Zealand
New from Rowman & Littlefield
The Prenatal Bombshell
Written by Sherokee Ilse and Australian Clinical Social Worker Stephanie Azri, The Prenatal Bombshell is a warm and understanding companion guide through the journey from diagnosis and beyond once youíve decided to either continue or end your precious pregnancy.
Issues such as managing the pregnancy, delivery, termination, creating memories, future babies, and the long term impact of such a traumatic experience are all covered in detail.
Filled with stories and testimonies, this is a helpful book to have during, and well beyond, a poor prenatal diagnosis.
To order please contact email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter for all the latest library, publisher and CoInfo news @CoInfoAu